Sunday, February 15, 2009

stop, hey, what's that sound

I guess an introduction is in order. My name is Sara, the addition of a middle name instantly turns my blank slate to country bumpkin, and I just recently made my way to eighteen. I am a philosopher not jaded by a philosophy education, I know the Arabic alphabet, and I evolve through absorption. Yes I'm still in high school, and yes I'm still in college. On my walls hang three Bob Dylan posters, a Hindu leaf-elephant tribute to Vishna, and a collection of Tijuana brass records and their shells. My favorite book is The Darling by Russell Banks, followed shortly by Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. I have a fake I.D. that surpasses McLovin's in lack of believability but I am tall enough and dark enough and worldly-looking enough that it doesn't matter. I do not believe in an Abrahamic religion. I do, however, believe in Eastern religious principles. I think Jimmie surpasses Stevie Ray in guitar playing skill, and I once had an assignment in English class to write about the end of the world. I want to drink peyote tea on the Native American burial mound, Cahokia.

Most of all, I want to pen the memoir of this life before it ends when I whisk away from Missouri to start college in the fall.

Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

No comments:

Post a Comment